Co-working Terms and ConditionsTHE RABBIT HOLE COWORKING AGREEMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions accompany your licence agreement, 'page' 1.
PARTICULARS AND DEFINITIONS
The particulars and definitions at page 1 of this Licence form part of this Licence and words and expressions given a particular meaning on page 1 have the same meaning throughout this Licence. These Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”) describe your rights and obligations in connection with your Venaspace Membership.
In consideration of the payment of the Licence Fee by the Licensee to the Grantor, the Grantor permits the Licensee to occupy and use the Accommodation for the Licence Period on a non-exclusive basis.
WHO ARE WE
We are an office space and coworking provider. Who we are for the purpose of these Terms is Venaspace a trading name of Venator Capital Limited, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 5868912 and have our registered address at Wilson House, 2 Lorne Park Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 1JN.
If you wish to contact us, please reach out to your Community Manager.
Reference to Services in these Terms refer to your access and use of our Coworking Space, The Rabbit Hole, and any other Members Only events or services, offerings and space provided by Venaspace. The services you receive will depend on the service you have purchased; a Private Office “hutches”, Designated Desk or Hot Desk membership. As per these terms, if you have purchased a:
- “Hutches” – Private Office membership down The Rabbit Hole. You will have exclusive access to your designated Private Office space from the Start Date stated on page one of this licence until the end date stated on page one. You will also have non-exclusive use of the communal areas in The Rabbit Hole.
- Designated Desk Membership means you will have exclusive access to your designated workspace at our co-working desk and non-exclusive access to use of the communal areas in The Rabbit Hole.
- Hot Desk Membership means you will have non-exclusive use to the co-working desk and non-exclusive use of the communal areas in The Rabbit Hole.
- Access to and use of the shared Wifi connection called “The Rabbit Hole”
- Heating of The Rabbit Hole during business hours.
- Maintenance of The Rabbit Hole communal areas, work stations and Hutches, but we will not be responsible for repairing damage exceeding normal wear and tear in these areas.
- Use of printers and scanners and other equipment made available to members, however charges may apply.
- Acceptance of post and other reasonable deliveries on your behalf, subject to the availability and presence of the Community Manager. We are not liable for the loss or damage of post or packages.
- Participation in Member-Only events and promotions from time to time.
- 24 hour access to the service 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
We reserve the right to access your Private Office, Designated Desk or Hot Desk at any time. Where possible, we will give you as much notice as we can, however this is not always an option. We may need to temporarily move furniture or assign you an alternative Designated Desk or Private Office but we will not decrease the size of your workspace without speaking with you first and provide as much notice as possible. We also reserve the right to alter some of the Services offered or furnishings of The Rabbit Hole at any time.
We cannot guarantee that all of our members services will be available at all times. We rely on external providers to ensure some services run effectively, however some Services may be unavailable or interrupted outside of our control. We cannot be held liable for any interruptions, unavailability or performance issues, including internet. We will of course endeavour to attempt to have these Services back up and running as soon as possible.
PAYMENT OF LICENCE FEES
The licensee agrees with the Grantor to pay Membership licence fees in accordance of the following;
- Private Offices. You will need to make payment of your licence fee as well as one month’s deposit prior to moving into your Private Office. We will hold your deposit
- To pay to the Grantor by the last working day of each month whether demanded or not (and by monthly direct debit) the Licence Fee. The first proportionate payment to be made on the signing of this Licence in respect of the period from the licence Date to the end of that calendar month.
- To pay Value Added Tax due on the Licence Fee and any other sums payable under the Licence on the respective days prescribed of the Licence Fee (as appropriate) such sums.
- To pay a surcharge of £35.00 for any refused Direct Debit and to pay interest at a rate of 4% per annum above the base rate on any such sum payable under this Licence which remains unpaid for 7 days from the due date. Such interest will be calculated from the due date to the date of payment.
- To pay a surcharge of £30.00 if payment to Venaspace is made from non-UK bank accounts.
- Not to use the Accommodation otherwise than for the Licensee’s Business and in any event not to permit the Accommodation to be used for any illegal or immoral activity.
- Not to alter the Accommodation, its partitioning or any fixtures or fittings.
- Not to damage any of the furniture and equipment listed in the Inventory.
- Not to use the Accommodation in any way that results in annoyance or disturbance of, or interference with, the Grantor, other Licensees or other occupiers of the Centre or in any way that would invalidate insurance.
- Not to smoke in any part of the Accommodation or the Centre or in the immediate vicinity of the Centre.
- Not to affix or display anything in the windows or doorways of the Accommodation without consent in writing from the Grantor.
- Not to use any services in the Accommodation other than those offered by the grantor and the Grantor shall be entitled to bar the use of any telephone numbers that permit the Licensee to bypass the Grantor’s service providing national and international call connections and the Licensee agrees not to use any third party for the provision of such services.
- To ensure that security is properly maintained at all times
- To comply with all laws and any other requirements regulating the conduct of the Licensee’s Business
- To indemnify the Grantor and its respective officers, employees and agents, from all claims, liability or loss, and all damages and costs incurred by the Grantor which arise out of the use of the Accommodation by the Licensee and the Licensee shall maintain adequate insurance against all such risk.
- Whenever any key or entry card to the Accommodation or the Centre is lost or other means of access is lost to report such loss forthwith to the Grantor and to pay on demand the cost of replacing such key or entry card or other means of access and the cost of replacing any lock changed by the Grantor.
- Cars are parked at owners own risk.
- Vehicles must not be left overnight without prior permission from the Centre Manager.
- The Licensee must take good care of all parts of the Centre, its equipment, fittings and furnishing and is liable for any damage caused by the Licensee, its employees, customers or invitees of the Centre.
- To observe and adhere to all safety regulations and building and fire requirements relating to the Centre and with any regulations or rules of use, which the Grantor may impose generally on users of the Centre whether for reasons of health and safety, fire precautions or otherwise.
- The Licensee has paid the Deposit to the Grantor as security against all obligations entered into by the Licensee in this Licence such Deposit to be returned to the Licensee without interest within 60 days of the expiry of this Licence PROVIDED THAT the licensee has complied with its obligations under this Licence and subject to the deduction of an amount in respect of any unpaid Licence Fee or other sums due under this Licence and any damage and the cost of returning the Accommodation and the Inventory to the same condition as they were in at the License Date.
- If the cost of the Venaspace Services and Common Facilities provided to the Licensee by the Grantor from time to time exceeds 50% of the Deposit, the Licensee shall increase the Deposit by up to 50% of such sum on demand if so required by the Grantor.
- In the event of any withdrawal from the Deposit by the Grantor due to any default of the Licensee the Licensee shall replace any such sum withdrawn within 14 days of being notified of such withdrawal.
The Grantor shall be entitled to increase the Licence Fee on each anniversary of the start date of the Licence by a percentage amount equal to the increase in the All Items Retail Price Index, or other such broadly equivalent index, which the Grantor may substitute, over the previous year plus 2% or market rate.
This Licence is personal to the Licensee and is not assignable or capable of being otherwise dealt with or disposed of.The Grantor may assign this Licence upon written notice to the Licensee.
The Grantor agrees with the Licensee (subject to the payment of the Licence fee and any other sums payable under this Licence):
- To provide Venaspace Services and Common Facilities and the following services during such hours as the Grantor in his reasonable discretion shall decide:
|Electricity & Lighting||Management of the Centre|
|Gas and Heating||Security System|
|Lease Line||Toilet Facilities|
|Centre signage||Cleaning/ maintenance of Common Facilities|
- To pay the water rates (excludes business rates) insurance premiums and electricity attributable to the Accommodation.
- The Grantor shall not be liable to the Licensee for failure of any of the Venaspace Services or the Common Facilities through any reason beyond its reasonable control nor for any delays errors or omissions in or as a result of the provision of the Venaspace Services and Common Facilities nor for any consequential loss arising out of any such failure delay or omission;
- If the Licensee does not pay any sums due under this licence when they fail to be paid, the Grantor shall be entitled to withhold the services to be provided under this Licence including denying the Licensee access to the Accommodation). If any part of an invoice is disputed the amount not in dispute must be paid by the due date.
- If the Licensee does not remove any items belonging to them from the Accommodation by the end of the Licence Period (however so determined)the Grantor shall be entitled to sell (or otherwise dispose of as the Grantor sees fit) any items remaining in the Accommodation without notice to the Licensee and any costs incurred by the Grantor shall be payable by the Licensee and/or offset from any proceeds of sale. The Grantor shall not be required to account to the Licensee for any proceeds of sale where the Grantor is owned monies by the Licensee under this Licence agreement.
- The Grantor may in its discretion by notice in writing to the Licensee:
- Increase the cost of any of the Venaspace Services and Common Facilities; and/or
- Withdraw any if the Venaspace Services and Common Facilities; and/or
- Vary the manner of provision of any of the Venaspace Services and Common Facilities; and/or
- Provide additional Venaspace Services and Common Facilities; and/or
- Vary the hours during which Venaspace Services and Common Facilities are provided.
- The Grantor shall be entitled to terminate this Licence with immediate effect if the Licensee is in breach of any of their obligations under this Licence.
- All chemicals/hazardous substances are to be disposed of through an authorised, licenced operator and are the responsibility of the Licensee.
- It is the licensee’s responsibility to ensure that all chemicals used and stored comply with current regulations. Use of dangerous chemicals must be notified to the Centre Manager and relevant COSHH information sheets supplied.
- On no account must dangerous chemicals/toxic chemicals be allowed to enter the drainage system. In cases where dangerous or toxic chemicals (including oil) are being used any sinks must be fitted with silt traps or neutralising equipment fitted following approval by the Centre Manager. Any spillage of foil or chemicals is to be immediately cleared up and notified to the Centre Manager who may arrange for a specialist cleaning, the cost of which will be recharged to the Licensee.
Refuse bins will be provided in the designated areas for Licensees general use. Refuse must not be left anywhere else in the Centre under any circumstances.
Internet access at the Centre must only be used for normal business internet browsing, sending and receiving business emails (not unsolicited emails) and retrieving business related files from the internet. Internet usage is monitored for the purposes of ensuring the service is not abused.
The Grantor shall not be responsible for maintaining insurance for any items brought into the Centre by the Licensee and the Licensee must ensure that adequate insurance cover is maintained.
- This Licence may be terminated by either party upon notice being given to the other party to end this Licence in accordance with the termination period agreed and outlined in the Licence Agreement overleaf.
- On termination of this Licence the Licensee must:
- Vacate the Accommodation and leave the inventory and the Accommodation in the same condition as they were on the Licence Date. The Grantor reserves the right to charge additional reasonable fees for any repairs needed above and beyond normal wear and tear. The Grantor does not accept responsibility for any item of furniture personal effects or other belongings left in the Accommodation the end of the licence Period and has the right to dispose of such property and the costs of such disposal shall be the responsibility of the Licensee; and
- Return to the Grantor all keys entry cards and other means of access to the Accommodation and the Centre.
- Three months’ virtual office package (Mail forwarding) will commence upon vacation at £50 per month
- All notices given pursuant to this Licence must be in writing. Notices to the Licensee will be considered served if handed personally to one of the Licensee’s staff at the Accommodation. Notices to the Grantor will be considered served if mailed by registered or recorded mail (postage prepaid) to the Grantor at the Grantor’s address stated on page 1 or such other address as the Grantor shall designate to the Licensee in writing.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Licence shall not impair the validity of any other provision. No waiver of any default of the Licensee shall be implied from any failure by the Grantor to take action with respect to such default.
- Where the Licensee comprises more than one individual such individuals shall be jointly and severally liable to observe and perform the Licensee’s obligations under this Licence.
- Each of the parties shall keep all information relating to this licence confidential at all times.
- This Licence supersedes any prior agreement and embodies the entire agreement between the Licensee and the Grantor and may not be modified changed or altered in any way except as agreed by both parties in writing. This Licence shall be interpreted and enforced in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
The Grantor is not liable for the death of, or injury to or damage to any property of or any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the Licensee, its employees, customers or invitees to the Centre except for death or personal injury or damage to property caused by negligence on the part of the Grantor or its employees or agents or any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for the Grantor to exclude or restrict liability.
Exclusion of Third Party Rights
Each party confirms that no term of this Licence is enforceable under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by a person who is not a party to this Licence.
On occasion The Grantor will use The Licensee in marketing material relating to the activities of Venaspace.